We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Team
We’re continuing to disrupt the transportation space while growing across EMEA! Insurance for drivers and riders is a critical part of our business and we are constantly innovating in this space. We are currently searching for a Legal Director, with deep expertise in the international insurance market to join the Uber Legal Team. You would be based in Amsterdam. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Read on...
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Director, Insurance Law, Global and Regional Head of Insurance EMEA on insurance matters for Uber and its entities
- Analyse proposed rules and legislative drafting in multiple jurisdictions including those related to ridesharing, e-bikes, e-scooters, high capacity vehicles and elevated transportation
- Research regarding commercial and personal auto insurance requirements in jurisdictions Uber operates
- Insurance product development, policy form review and other related drafting
- Transactional work with carriers
- Support new insurance initiatives
- Litigation support related to insurance claims and coverage
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of insurance company or law firm experience primarily involving Property and Casualty insurance
- In-house experience preferred with a multinational carrier strongly preferred
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Qualified to practice in at least one EMEA country
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
- A strong communicator. The successful candidate will have the maturity and empathy to resolve potential issues when working with multiple personalities.
- The successful candidate will bring, through past successes, immediate credibility as an extremely capable business leader and expert.
- Ability to keep cool under pressure and not react to surprises critically – drives to understand the issue and solve the problem.
- Able to balance the role of strategist with urgency while simultaneously managing delivering results in a growing and very fast-paced environment
- Skill in defining, leading, and managing change.
Employees are given Uber credits every month.
The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.