What You'll Do
- Advise the Uber Health business team on legal regulatory matters as the team furthers its mission to remove transportation barriers to health care delivery
- Lead review of state and federal regulation (e.g., Medicaid and Medicare) of non-emergency medical transportation
- Engage with state and federal regulators and officials to propose policy and legislative changes to expand rideshare opportunities for non-emergency medical transportation
- Collaborate with cross-functional legal teams to review business partnerships and compliance initiatives
- Work with the broader US Regulatory team and other Uber business teams to pitch-in on additional regulatory matters (e.g., Uber Eats)
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience focusing on health care at either a government agency, a law firm or in-house at a health care provider or health insurance company
- Extensive knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and other government health care programs and regulations
- Experience advising on legislative and regulatory matters, and legislative drafting
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to achieve maximum efficiency in providing legal support
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. Strong oral advocacy and presentation skills
- Willingness to be a team-player and learn and contribute to additional regulatory subject-matter areas (e.g., Uber Eats)
- Ability to thrive in high impact/high profile situations
About Uber Health
The Uber Health team is taking the technology and driver-partner network that provide reliable rides to millions of people all over the world and bringing it to the people who need it most -- patients. Our team is working to ensure that access to health care is never a logistics problem.
Nearly 4 million Americans miss or delay medical care each year because they did not have a transportation solution. Current approaches to non-emergency medical transportation have numerous challenges. Rising costs, program integrity, and vendor oversight are problems for federal and private payers. Patients also are not well-served by the status quo — wait times are routinely high and drivers frequently do not show. We have a responsibility to do something in the space.
Uber Health is Uber’s solution to the health care industry’s transportation problems. We developed Uber Health with HIPAA-compliance in mind from day one, building a website and API that allow hospitals, clinics, and care facilities to centrally schedule, manage, and pay for rides at scale for their patients, staff, and visitors.
By offering affordable and reliable on-demand transportation options to patients, Uber Health benefits patients, the health care system, and society. These benefits include:
- Lowering patient no-show rates and improving patient outcomes;
- Providing immediate cost savings to the health care system and increasing the overall efficiency of the system; and
- Increasing patient and provider satisfaction.