What You’ll Do
- Internalize and champion the AVMaps vision, strategy, and roadmap while also driving planning, prioritization, and execution
- Develop products while obsessing over the needs of our customers and end users, particularly our internal autonomy and R&D teams
- Work closely with Design to conduct user studies, structure user and customer analysis, and synthesize results into guiding principles for product improvements
- Partner with Engineering to assess feasibility and build the products
- Define and document product and process requirements throughout the platform pipeline based on customer and user needs as well as technological feasibility and resource constraints
- Collaborate closely with operations teams to enhance tool usability, workflow efficiency, and quality
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of the products and projects
- Communicate team’s strategy, roadmap, plans, and priorities to numerous stakehold
What You’ll Need
Team building, inclusiveness:
- Demonstrates personal excellence with empathy, authenticity, inclusivity, fairness, and trust
- Develops and coaches, invests time in and supports the development of others
- Natural tendency to create a community for those on your team and those with whom you interface
User insight & communicating vision:
- User-focused - you are passionate about always making the user experience positive and relentlessly seek to solve any product challenges that impact users negatively
- Lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritized, actionable roadmaps that effectively distill vision and strategy into efficiently shipped product results
- Be deeply truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in qualitative or quantitative form
- Strong ability to clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results to a spectrum of audiences
- Collaborate with Uber internal stakeholders, including the engineering, operations, testing legal, and policy teams to ensure that our technology supports Uber's business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute multiple cross-functional projects
- Fosters collaboration within and across teams as well as driving cross-functional teams to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Technical skills, you have an interest in understanding how things work and the effect on the finished product
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
- Lead the team to effectively build, ship, experiment, measure, and grow new products
- Be creative - relentlessly identify new ideas and data sources to solve very difficult problems
- Biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
About the Team
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Self-driving vehicles have the potential to make our roads safer, more connected, and less congested. At Uber ATG, we are building the technologies, teams, and products to bring these benefits to the world. This is a ground-zero opportunity to usher in a fundamental paradigm shift in transportation and technology, to solve really hard problems, and to experience explosive professional growth with the smartest minds in the industry. We hope you’re as excited about it as we are.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together!