What You’ll Do
- Take mechanical or electrical hardware designs for autonomous vehicle components and systems from concept to production.
- Gather, analyze and document requirements from stakeholders
- Execute` conceptual and architecture design, trade studies and analysis of alternatives
- Develop best-in-class designs for autonomous vehicle hardware with a focus on safety, security, and reliability.
- Prototype and test components and systems.
- Work closely with suppliers and OEM partners on system integration and manufacturing
What You’ll Need
- Degree in engineering, or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience at an Automotive OEM, Tier 1, or similar hardware development
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Demonstrated ability to work across cultures and time zones
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- A strong background developing fielded hardware from concept through production
- Solid experience working within a standard lifecycle methodology--e.g. “V-model”
- Experience interfacing with suppliers
- Strong command of fundamental engineering principles
- Proficiency in CAD and PDM tools (SolidWorks preferred) (Mechanical Engineers)
- Proficiency in schematic capture, PCB layout, and simulation CAD tools (Altium preferred) (Electrical Engineers)
- Expertise with automotive communications (CAN-FD, 100Base-T1, FlexRay, etc) (Electrical Engineers)
Bonus Points If
- Autonomous vehicle or ADAS knowledge and experience
- Systems Engineering experience using an enterprise requirements tool or MBSE tool
- Experience working with a PLM tool
- Analysis proficiency in at least one of the following: static structures, dynamic systems, thermal management, fluids, acoustics, materials selection (Mechanical Engineers)
- Embedded software skills with C language and RTOS (Electrical Engineers)
- Leading or facilitating system/design/software risk assessments (e.g. FTA, FMEA, Bowtie, ETA, FHA, HARA, STPA)
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM’s at scale.