About the Role
At the ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber’s self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our bi-coastal teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
The Release Engineering team focuses on delivering the latest autonomy software to our test and production fleets. Developers use our tools and systems to test their changes both offline and online. We support automated testing, release packaging, release crafting, and fleet deployments in cooperation with our Platform and Operations teams.
As a Release Manager, you’ll work with the tools, systems, and infrastructure required to deliver our software products to the fleet throughout the verification and validation process. This includes working with Operations teams to understand testing failures, routing/tracking those issues to owners within our Platform and Autonomy teams to completion, and ensuring the organization has visibility into the health of our release pipelines.
What you’ll need
- Experience with a structured release cadence that involves building releases and tracking them through their testing phases to production
- Experience working with continuous integration (CI) build systems and/or release crafting systems in multi-faceted, large-scale software development environments (Phabricator / Jenkins / Travis)
- Experience orchestrating cross-team efforts to burn down bugs and issues to resolution
- Communication skills for a broad range of audiences: individual engineers, larger technical teams, executives, the entire ATG
- Scripting abilities in Python and Bash, Shell, related languages