What You’ll Do
- Work closely with engineering teams to build technologies that will address real problems and change the way people move and cities operate
- Develop product requirements for autonomy behaviors with a view towards rider experience, public perception, and overall safety
- In partnership with the Go-to-Market Product team and Autonomy engineering, develop a roadmap for capabilities and their prioritization
- Provide strategic and product perspective for everything autonomy engineering-related, from how the vehicles will behave and react to definition for machine learning models and classifiers
- Define success metrics for self-driving requirements and how they map into simulation and track testing
What You’ll Need
- Preferred experience in Autonomy, Robotics, R&D Tech
- 2 minimum years of experience working in technical product management roles
- A passion to apply technology and data to change how humanity moves and make the world a better place
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to think outside of the box - we’re building technology for a world that doesn’t exist yet
- Ability to build credibility and strong relationships with engineering counterparts and jump into things directly
- Strong customer empathy and relentless truth-seeking
- Strong communication and partnership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role, with stakeholder teams spanning multiple offices
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Technical background in CS, robotics, machine learning, human computer interaction or related experience.
About the Team
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Self-driving vehicles have the potential to make our roads safer, more connected, and less congested. At Uber ATG, we are building the technologies, teams, and products to bring these benefits to the world. This is a ground-zero opportunity to usher in a fundamental paradigm shift in transportation and technology, to solve really hard problems, and to experience explosive professional growth with the smartest minds in the industry. We hope you’re as excited about it as we are.