What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of how self-driving vehicles can benefit the Uber network and the cities Uber operates in to provide the most value to cities and the people who live in them
- Own the discovery of product-market fit for self-driving vehicles on the Uber ride-sharing network and set the requirements for the overall product experience, including the path to get there
- Understand the business potential and financial viability of various deployment options
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, such as Strategy, Marketing, Business Development, Policy, Legal, and teams of other Uber modality offerings, as well as external stakeholders, such as cities and regulatory bodies, to build a forward-looking strategy for Uber’s self-driving technology
- Work with the robotics product team and autonomy engineering to develop a product roadmap and design product milestones for the self-driving program
What You’ll Need
- A passion to apply technology and data to change how humanity moves and make the world a better place
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to think outside of the box - we’re building technology for a world that doesn’t exist yet
- Strong customer empathy and relentless truth-seeking
- Finger-tippiness with data - you just go get the data you need and know how to leverage it to make decisions and build a product vision or a business plan
- Strong communication and partnership skills- this will be an extremely cross-functional role, with stakeholder teams spanning multiple offices.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Academic background in CS, economics or related experience
About the Team
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Self-driving vehicles have the potential to make our roads safer, more connected, and less congested. At Uber ATG, we are building the technologies, teams, and products to bring these benefits to the world. This is a ground-zero opportunity to usher in a fundamental paradigm shift in transportation and technology, to solve really hard problems, and to experience explosive professional growth with the smartest minds in the industry. We hope you’re as excited about it as we are.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together!