What you'll do
- Design, build, and maintain electro-optical test fixtures
- Perform verification, validation and testing activities
- Creating tests for non-lidar hardware like circuit boards, cameras, radar, and computer systems
- Develop tools and methods to automate testing for manufacturing
- Perform a wide range of tests (e.g. analog, digital timing, reliability, functional testing, etc.)
- Programming in Python to control equipment and collect and analyze data.
- Maintain engineering processes, documentation, and present results.
What you'll need
- General optical/laser experience
- Test Scripting in Python
- Good experience with Linux command-line & shell scripts
- Broad general EE knowledge
- Ability to design, build and maintain tests for custom hardware
- BS in Physics or Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related field and 5 years of work experience, or an Advanced degree (Masters, Ph.D.) in Physics or Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related field and 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building GUIs in Python
- Experience with safety-critical hardware systems and components
- Understanding of automotive applications and standards
- CAN bus vehicle standard familiarity
- Experience debugging problems with communication data links
- Ability to design, build and maintain electrical test fixtures
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM’s at scale.