What You’ll Do
- Develop and optimize global supply chain performance through creating, implementing, and optimizing a sourcing strategy to achieve the business goals and adhere to the Uber Cultural Norms
- Manage all commercial aspects with suppliers (i.e. pricing negotiations, critical issues, contract execution, supplier relationship...etc)
- Develop and maintain high performing relationships with key strategic partners both internally and externally
- Execute the supplier selection process and component qualification to meet all engineering requirements within the set cost targets
- Develop supplier capabilities, drive roadmap visibility, and negotiate commercial terms that put Uber ATG in the best position to succeed.
- Achieve established commitments on cost, supply, quality, compliance adherence, and on-time delivery
- Mitigate supply risk and develop key escalation channels across supply base.
- Timely escalation of issues to Uber ATG leadership
- Promote Uber Cultural Norms in addition to fostering a commitment to safety, a diverse working environment, and giving back to the local community
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering preferred)
- Master's degree preferred (Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business preferred)
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve with poise in a rapidly changing environment
- Expertise in market analysis to measure market size, players, customers, growth, technology replacements/forecasts, pricing trends, etc., to formulate sourcing strategies
- Ability to partner with internal and external engineering teams to build credibility and trust while driving alignment around common strategy
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically but detailed oriented to support hypothesis with facts
- Eagerness to learn and demonstrate value in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable with making quick, informed decisions with less than complete information
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various teams including engineering and supply chain
- Open to travel (25-30% depending on responsibility)
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Global Supply Chain and Business Operations team scales best in class technology and processes to deliver safe, reliable, and accessible transportation for the Uber platform.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.