What You'll Do
- Experience building complex applications using technologies such as React, Ember, or Angular (we use React and Redux)
- Experience with API designs, integration with databases and working in large datasets.
- Research, design, document, implement, and test computer software systems, in conjunction with product development requirements, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Develop capabilities using Python scripts to provide seamless integrated solutions across technologies.
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Further advance the cutting-edge technology and contribute production quality code to open source projects.
What You'll Need
- Web Technologies. You've built side projects or professionally utilize the latest stacks and libraries(we use React and Redux) such as Node.js, React, Angular, Rails, Ember, CSS frameworks etc. You are excited by the amazing pace that the web continues to evolve. You seek new methods and tools to make great web tools faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end. Familiarity with principles of architecture patterns and good user experience.
- Action. You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You've shown self-starter mentality, good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You're willing to thrive in a fast and growing environment where all hands are on deck, and consider no obstacle too big or too small.
- The drive to make teams stronger. You're excited to work with a team to the finish line or work hard on new opportunities. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem in collaborating with others to resolve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you.
About the Team
At Uber ATG, your work will change the world of transportation. You will be able to jump into an autonomous car and know that its ability to navigate our complicated world, and do it smoothly, is because of you. On the team, you will experience lively debates about crafting our end user experience, optimal algorithm design, and enthusiastic conversations about solving hard math problems. You will work on a team of user experience designers, mathematicians, and back-end developers all working together to solve a common goal. You will never have a day where you don’t learn something new. If this sounds exciting to you, we want to hear from you: someone smart, innovative, ready to change the world and have fun.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.