What You’ll Do
- Familiarity with RTOS (real-time operating systems.)
- Excellent software engineering habits.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools.
- Solid background in data structures and algorithms.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Experience in a regulated, safety critical, or quality managed environment.
What You’ll Need
- Familiarity with custom board bring-up and testing, including BSP generation.
- Familiarity with sensor interfaces, such as LIDAR, GPS, and RADAR.
- Familiarity with networking protocols, including TCP and UDP.
- Familiarity with development in Linux-based environments, including kernel module development.
- Knowledge of modern automotive technologies (e.g. CAN, Flexray.)
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM’s at scale.