We’re excited to launch our next innovation to bring the high quality and safety standards of Uber to even more Cairo riders. Meet Uber Bus—your daily commute. Uber Bus uses technology to reserve your seat on a clean, air-conditioned, and high-quality bus.
When you request your ride through the app, we will find other passengers traveling in the same direction so that you can get to your destination with fewer stops. And, because you are sharing your ride with other Uber passengers, the price is affordable enough for everyday use, while still maintaining Uber standards.
We are thrilled that Cairo is the first city in the world to launch Uber Bus, and and we invite you to be one of the first people to hop on board.
UberBus is now in Sahel! Check out the routes below.
UberBus Routes in Sahel:
Pricing in Sahel:
UberBus prices start from 15 EGP per trip.
- From Telal to Marassi Maximum 30 EGP per trip.
- From Green Beach to Golf Porto Marina Maximum 35 EGP per trip.
- From Al Rowad to Marina 2 Maximum 40 EGP per trip.
UberBus is a new way to enjoy a comfortable, safe, and convenient commute in Cairo.
There’s no need to wait to hail down and squeeze onto a crowded bus.
The Uber Bus app lets you reserve your seat on an air-conditioned bus that frequently run along popular routes so there is always a ride nearby. The Uber Bus app works on all android devices and in all network conditions.
Pricing in Cairo:
- A trip from Tahrir square to Shooting Club is 10 EG
- A trip from Sa’aa square to Cairo Festival City is 20 EGP
- A trip from Hegaz square to Hossary square is 35 EGP
Know more about UberBus:
How to see UberBus routes and stations through the Uber app
How to ride with UberBus on the Uber app
- Update: Make sure you are using the latest version of the Uber app
- Request: Enter your destination, select the Bus option, review your fare, and then tap request
- Wait: Wait up to 5 minutes to see your trip details. We use this time to match you with other riders’ on the most suitable route for you, making sure you don’t go out of your way.
- Trip details: You will see the information about your trip in the app: driver information and pickup spot. At this point, your seat on a clean, air-conditioned vehicle, has been reserved. You can track the Bus on the way to your pick-up spot.
- Walk: Walk to the pickup spot you see on the map and make sure you arrive before your bus gets to the pickup spot. The bus will only wait 2 minutes at the pickup spot so don’t be late!
- Ride: Scan the barcode, show your ticket to your driver, pay your driver with cash or through the app as you get in the bus, and enjoy your ride in your personal seat on the clean, safe, air-conditioned bus.
- Walk to destination: When you get closer to your destination, we will find the best drop off spot that is close to your final destination and works for the route you are on. You will receive a notification letting you know when to get off the Uber Bus and you can see walking directions to your final destination in the app.
Notes: *You’ll always receive walking directions and timings directly on your Uber app.
**You will have access to all the Uber safety features you usually do on any Uber ride – like sharing your trip with loved ones.