What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of experienced and junior security software engineers and backend engineers
- Manage stakeholders across Security, Safety, Compliance, Risk, Legal, Ops and Marketing
- Collaborate with Product, Design, UX Researcher and Mobile/Web engineers to define the customer facing features
- Collaborate with multiple product and engineering teams, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform
- Provide strong technical leadership in security domain with expertise in authentication, authorization, cryptography and application security
- Ensure customer security, privacy and seamless user experience for each product
- Ensure the systems we build are highly reliable and scalable
- Ensure that identified security issues are prioritized and addressed correctly in an appropriate time frame
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Mentor other engineers and build a strong culture of quality, handle conflicts well and help build consensus
What You’ll Need
- 10 Minimum Years of Experience with Security, Customer Authentication
About the Team
Uber's Customer Identity Platform (CIP) team provides seamless and secure customer identity experiences at scale for Uber and its partners through our Identity SaaS which includes sign-up, login, identity management and bot defense solutions.
Our platform is used by all Uber applications (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.) and Uber integrations in third party applications (e.g. Alipay, Line etc). We also enable Uber as a Platform mission by providing seamless account creation and authentication for partner service providers (e.g. Lime, Getaround, Yandex etc) in Uber applications. These solutions contribute to business growth and user trust.
The CIP engineering team consists of Security Software Engineers, Backend Software Engineers, Web Frontend Engineers, Mobile Engineers, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and DevOPS/Site Reliability Engineers to enable us to provide end-to-end identity solutions.