About the team
Maps are at the core of Uber's service - from understanding pickup and drop-off locations, to navigating drivers or riders and computing ETAs. The Maps Navigation team owns the full stack of technologies on Android, that produces the best route from point A to point B and generates audio and visual turn-by-turn navigation guidance for all of Uber. We serve 14 million trips per day and drivers spend more than 80% of their time on Uber navigating! We power many Uber products such as ridesharing, Eats, freight, bicycles and more to come!
The team is based in San Francisco and Palo Alto.
About the Role
- You’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge Navigation solutions at a global scale which only a couple of other companies in tech can claim!
- As an engineer on this team, you will provide technical leadership for the Android platform and work closely with the maps leadership team, PM, DS and other engineers to define the long-term roadmap and make the team’s vision a reality.
- You’ll have the opportunity to lead cross-team efforts, mentor other engineers and establish engineering best practices across all of Uber.
- Creative problem solving - Have an excellent understanding of product, design, and business goals to be able to identify and solve high impact, highly complex problems.
- Strong code and documentation - your code should be used as the example for your company and you have the ability to build and design technical solutions from the ground up.
- Prior experience in mapping is NOT required. If you have experience building iOS/Android applications at scale, defining cross-platform architectures or leading cross organizational projects then you'll fit right in.