What You'll Do
- Develop machine learning algorithms for supervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning and active learning
- Apply these algorithms to self driving vehicles
- Build and own production ML models, pipelines, and runtimes
- Collaborate and present your work throughout the ATG organization
What You'll Need
- A degree in a machine learning related discipline -- positions are available at the PhD, MS, and BS levels
- A strong quantitative background
- Excellent software development skills in C/C++ and/or Python
- Knowledge of machine learning commensurate with education/experience level
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Machine learning areas of special interests include: active learning and Bayesian optimization, anomaly detection, deep networks, distributed/parallel learning algorithms, image/video classification, learning control, predictive modeling.
Bonus Points If
- Track record of building and shipping machine learning features in products
- Prior work in automotive applications
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Prediction Team's mission is to deliver machine learning based features and develop solutions for the future of self-driving.