What You’ll Do
- Manage a team with responsibilities of people management, career growth, hiring, team building, and teaching.
- Lead complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional engineering projects
- Learn from world-renowned practitioners of robotics, mapping, perception, machine learning and other fields
- Work with an outstanding engineering team and the support of an established data infrastructure
- Define a vision and roadmap for a team working across multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively and build relationships with partners in Pittsburgh, Toronto, and San Francisco.
- Benefit from working at a dynamic startup inside an established, well-capitalized company
What You’ll Need
- Ability quickly learn new technologies and adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to influence and impact engineering designs.
- 10+ years of experience with a track record of shipping high-impact engineering solutions
- Prior management experience in software engineering
- People management experience nurturing careers, managing under- and over-performers, influencing cross-functional teams, recruiting and building teams
- Masters or PhD in related field
- Experience in computer vision, machine learning, or related technical fields
- Experience in front-end web development or labeling tools.
- Experience applying research techniques to large-scale engineering challenges
- Experience in mapping or other geospatial-related industry
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
ATG Boulder’s engineering team is a new addition to Uber’s self driving organization, and a diverse group of researchers, engineers, and computer scientists working to develop maps and perception algorithms for self-driving vehicles.