To get started, you will need to have the following documents. Take a photo of each of them and upload to your Uber account.
1. Driver's Licence
- 21+ years old
- Manitoba 1 to 5, 5F Driver's Licence or equivalent
2. Proof of work eligibility
Proof of work options include any of the following:
- Residency card
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Work permit
3. Vehicle registration
- Both sides of the registration are required
- Vehicle model year must be 10 years (2008 model year) or newer
- Vehicle must be registered in Manitoba
- Must have 4 doors and cannot be rebuilt or salvaged
- You are not required to own the vehicle
4. Certificate of Inspection (COI) and driver abstract
Once you complete and pass a vehicle inspection, you will receive your Certificate of Inspection.
What to do once you receive your COI:
- Take a photo of your COI and upload it to your Uber account
- Keep a copy of it in your vehicle when you're driving with Uber
5. Police information check
6. Child abuse registry
Complete the Child Abuse Registry Application on the Province of Manitoba's website below.
You have 90 days to submit your application after becoming an active driver.
Note: Applications can take 4-8 weeks to process. To ensure that your application is processed in time, we recommend submitting your application as early as possible.