Instructions for drivers
1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car by creating a driver profile.
2. Minimum vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive or deliver with Uber in Windsor. There are many options available, check to see which ones your vehicle qualifies for.
3. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's license: 21+ years old, Ontario G Driver’s Licence or equivalent
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, or Work permit
- Vehicle registration: Registration must be in your name and name must be legible.
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and must be legible.
4. Safety screenings
To drive with Uber in Windsor, you must pass a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC). You can complete your VSC online or in-person.
5. Vehicle inspection
To be eligible to drive with Uber, your vehicle must pass a vehicle inspection by a licensed mechanic. Upon passing you’ll receive a Safety Standards Certificate (SSC), which is required to drive with Uber.
Why you'll love driving
Set your own schedule
You can drive with Uber anytime, day or night, 365 days a year. When you drive is always up to you, so it never gets in the way of the important things in your life.
Make more at every turn
Trip fares start with a base amount, then increase with time and distance. And when there are more people needing rides than normal, drivers make more.
Meet new people and learn about your city
You'll meet people from all walks of life. From long-time residents to first-time tourists, families, small business owners and more.
You'll also become an expert on the city of Windsor and discover new places to show your friends and family.