Learn how delivery works in Halifax and Dartmouth and see tips for getting started.
Drivers partners are required to have a personal motor vehicle insurance policy. It is the responsibility of the partner to ensure they have the correct insurance in place.
In addition to a partner’s personal insurance, Uber Eats has a commercial insurance policy in place with Intact Insurance that provides coverage from the moment drivers make themselves available to accept a food delivery request, to the moment the food is dropped off. This coverage automatically applies to all Uber Eats drivers (regardless of their personal auto insurance provider).
Tips for delivering with Uber
Learn about becoming a top-rated delivery partner with Uber and how to earn more throughout the day.
Need an insulated bag? You can purchase a bag from a vendor of your choice, or from a third-party seller here.
How to prevent spills
- Check that the container's lid is secured tightly and facing up.
- Carefully place the food containers into the bag facing up.
- Make sure the bag is kept flat—tipping the bag on its side or upside down can cause food to slide to the edge of the container and get messy.
That's it! Follow these 3 simple guidelines to help hungry Halifax and Dartmouth eaters fully enjoy the meals they've been craving.
Hot places and times to deliver
A high number of requests come from restaurants located in the above neighbourhoods.
- Downtown Halifax South
- Main Street Area Dartmouth
The majority of demand occurs during lunch (11am – 2pm) and dinner (5pm – 9pm).
Where to park
Parking in Halifax and Dartmouth
Whether you're picking up an order at a restaurant or dropping it off at your eater's door, you'll need to park for a few minutes to run inside.
We understand that sometimes there's a shortage of parking spots available. Here are a few tips to help you find a safe space to leave your vehicle:
- Restaurants: Check for special delivery instructions in your Uber app. Some restaurants include parking instructions and directions to help you find the entrance.
- Apartments: Many apartment buildings have areas where you can park for 5 – 10 minutes while delivering.
Here's how your fare is calculated
Pickup: $2.29 per trip
Flat fee for picking up one or multiple orders at a restaurant.
Dropoff: $1.06 per dropoff
Flat fee per order delivered.
Distance: $0.75 per km
Per-kilometre rate from pickup to dropoff, with distance determined by the most efficient route in the Uber Driver app.
Time: $0.14 per minute
Per-minute rate based on expected wait time at restaurant, expected travel time from restaurant to dropoff, and expected wait time at dropoff.
Disclaimer copy. Lorem ipsem.