Instructions for drivers
1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car by creating a driver profile.
2. Minimum vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive or deliver with Uber in London. There are many options available, check to see which ones your vehicle qualifies for.
3. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's license: 21+ years old, Ontario G Driver’s License or equivalent
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, or Work permit
- Vehicle registration: Registration must be from Ontario and does not need to be in your name.
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
4. Background screening
After finishing your profile, take a few minutes to complete a background screening online. It will review your driving record and criminal history.
5. Vehicle inspection
To be eligible to drive with Uber, your vehicle must pass a vehicle inspection by a licensed mechanic. Upon passing you’ll receive a Safety Standards Certificate (SSC), which is required to drive with Uber.
When your vehicle inspection and background screening have been approved, we will mail two Uber stickers to your mailing address.
Display the stickers. One sticker must go on the front passenger window and the other must go on the back windshield. The stickers are removable and only need to be displayed when you're driving with Uber.
Need to replace your sticker?
Please see the following options to get your Uber sticker.
Option 1: Re-order in your app
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab
- Go to ‘Help’ and select ‘Signing Up’
- Go to ‘Requirements’ and select ‘Uber decal requirements’
- Click on ‘ORDER UBER DECAL’
Option 2: Pick it up at a Greenlight Hub
Meet the team
Support at every turn
We want the process to be hassle-free. That’s why there are licensing experts right here in New York to answer your questions, host information sessions, and walk you through the process.