The Calgary Greenlight Hub will be closed on December 24, 25 and January 1. Have questions? Visit help.uber.com for support.
Requests at Stampede Park
How pickups work
We’ve introduced a dedicated Uber Pickup Zone across the street from Cowboys Casino to make pickups at Stampede easier.
How it works:
- When you receive a request, enter the furthest left lane (south) on 11 Ave. SE at 4 St. SE—this is the driver pickup lane. Please do not enter the lane without a ride request.
- Stay in the pickup lane and move forward as other vehicles exit the queue. Please respect all traffic personnel and signage.
- Hang tight! Your rider will meet you curbside as you move closer to the Uber Pickup Zone.
Pro tip: Use 9 Ave. SE to navigate to the driver pickup lane. We strongly recommend avoiding 12 Ave. SE.
Rides to Stampede Park
Dropoff tips for drivers
When dropping off riders at Stampede Park, make sure to stop in a safe area and respect all traffic rules. Drive slowly! There’ll be pedestrians in the area heading to and from the Stampede grounds.
The Uber Pickup Zone
- Please use 9 Ave. SE to navigate to the driver pickup lane. We strongly recommend avoiding 12 Ave. SE.
- The driver pickup lane will be available for Uber partners only
- The Uber Pickup Zone will be open from 4pm – 3am daily
- Only enter the driver pickup lane if you have a pickup request
- Please do not park your car in the driver pickup lane. Vehicles parked or left unattended are subject to towing and/or ticketing.
- Remember to display your red TNC sticker when driving with Uber. Don't forget to have your TNDL letter and ELVIS inspection in your vehicle as well. Need a sticker? Visit the Greenlight Hub to pick one up.
Keep in contact with your rider
The busy traffic during Stampede can cause stress for both you and your rider. We recommend texting or calling your rider when you’re having trouble finding them or when the traffic will cause your ETA to be higher than expected.
Confirm your rider's name
It helps to confirm you have the right rider by asking for their first name and checking it in your app. If you do pick up the wrong person, reach out to our support team at help.uber.com and we'll help sort it out.
No cowboy hats left behind
Did a rider leave something your car? You can snap a picture of any lost items and get in contact with the rider through your app. You’ll receive $15 once the item is returned.
We want Uber to be enjoyable and safe for everyone. These ground rules are designed to ensure that riders and drivers have a five-star ride when using Uber. Please take a moment to review them.
For your safety and the safety of others, people who drive using the Uber app are limited to driving no more than 12 total hours at a time. With events happening day and night, plan ahead and remember to take rests.