At Uber, your safety is always a top priority.
Before hitting the road, you can review these tips from Ready.gov and the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) to help keep you safe during the winter season.
Winter delivery tips
Before heading out:
- It’s always a good idea to check the weather conditions and sign up for emergency reports
- You can dress for the weather with durable shoes and a warm, weatherproof coat
- You can put together an emergency preparedness kit; you might include jumper cables, tire-puncture kits, maps, blankets, bottled water, and non-perishable snacks
- If you drive a car, you can:
- Keep a full gas tank, which can help keep the fuel line from freezing
- Check your vehicle for proper oil and antifreeze levels and check that the heater, defroster, and exhaust system are working
- Outfit your vehicle with winter tires with adequate tread, and keep chains or studs handy for use as required by your jurisdiction
- Clean all snow and ice from your vehicle before driving, and remove snow and ice from your tailpipe before starting the car
- If you ride a bike, you can:
- Do an A-B-C safety check before riding: pinch the tires to check the air pressure; squeeze the front and rear brakes; spin the pedals to confirm that the chain is moving smoothly—and if you find a problem, get it fixed before you ride
- Equip your bike with a blinking white front light, a red rear light, and reflectors
- Wear bright clothing that helps you stay visible day and night
When delivering, you can:
- Avoid waiting outdoors when receiving or delivering orders
- Be aware of slippery road conditions, slow down, and leave a safe distance between your vehicle and others on the road
- Be cautious of icy overhangs and slippery surfaces when making deliveries
If you ever have any issues while delivering with Uber, phone support is just a few taps away. Simply open your Driver app, tap the menu icon in the top-left corner, select Help, scroll down to the phone icon, and tap Call Support. Our Support team is available 24/7.