It’s that time of year again! The Calgary Stampede is here, and we’re wrangling up some special features just for you. Check out our official ride guide for the biggest event of the season and get in on all the action, from giveaways to tips for a 5-star ride.
Your Stampede lineup
Uber + Budweiser rider lounge
We’re teaming up with Budweiser to keep you (and your phone!) recharged all Stampede long. Take a quick break from line dancing, plug in your phone, and enjoy Budweiser’s new non-alcoholic Prohibition beer. Our team will be there to answer all of your ride-related questions. When the day is done, you can meet your driver in the Uber Zone nearby for an easy pickup experience.
- Location: Near the corner of 12th Avenue SE and 3rd Street SE.
- Hours: 4pm to 3am every day
Uber pickup and drop-off zone
We’ve set up a special Uber Zone near Stampede Park to make riding to and from Stampede a breeze. When it’s time to go, head to the Uber Zone and request your ride. Your driver will meet you there and you’ll be on your way in no time.
The Uber Zone is located at the corner of 12th Avenue SE and 3rd Street SE. Look for the Uber signage and our team near the entrance to the grounds.
How to ride like a pro at Stampede
The Stampede is one of Calgary’s biggest events of the year. With over 1 million people visiting the city, we expect there to be more requests than normal–especially during the evening hours. Check out our tips below to have a smooth ride every time.
Riding in busy times and areas
While the city will be buzzing throughout Stampede, we expect higher-than-normal requests on Fridays and Saturdays evenings (3pm to 4am), especially after fireworks or as bars close near Stampede Park.
Here are a few tips for a smooth ride:
- Split the fare with friends: There’s no need to be a lone ranger, ride with friends and split the fare instead. You can do this automatically in your app.
- Check your app before you ride: With upfront fares, you know how much your ride will cost before you go. If fares are higher than normal, try waiting a few minutes and then refreshing your app.
- Leave extra time: Try heading to or from the grounds before peak request times begin to avoid experiencing higher-than-normal fares.
Getting picked up or dropped off at Stampede
Meet your driver with ease–even in big crowds–with these simple tips:
- Use the Uber Zone at Stampede Park: If you’re riding at Stampede Park, be sure to set your pickup location to be the Uber and Budweiser rider lounge. This will help your driver meet you with ease and you can wait for your ride in the comfort of our rider lounge.
- Confirm your pickup location: Take a second to double check that your pickup address is accurate before requesting. We even recommend walking a block or two away from your location to make it easier for your driver to locate you.
- Know how to contact your driver: In a hard-to-find location? Having trouble connecting? You can contact your driver via text message or phone call by tapping ‘Contact’ in the app.
- Confirm the licence plate and vehicle of your ride: Stay safe and avoid mishaps: before you ride, make sure the licence plate, make, and model of the car matches the information in your app.
Rider etiquette: Tips for being a 5-star rider
At Uber, we foster a community of respect for both riders and drivers alike. To keep your account in good standing and earn that 5-star rating every time, take a peek at our Community Guidelines and check out our these guidelines before you ride.
- Be respectful of your driver’s vehicle: Your driver’s car is their personal vehicle. While we understand that accidents happen, please be respectful of their property by keeping it clean. Under no circumstances are alcohol or illegal substances permitted to be consumed during your ride.
- Be ready-to-go upon arrival: Keep wait time for your driver to a minimum by being ready to ride when they pull up to the curb.
- Choose a ride that’s right for you and your crew: When heading out, be sure you request a vehicle option that’s the right size for you and your Stampede squad. More than 6? Request a second ride to get you and your crew around town safely.
- Make sure you have all of your belongings: Got everything? It’s so easy to leave a cowboy hat (or cell phone) behind. Before you exit your ride, take a quick scan of the seat to make sure everyone has their belongings.