READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING. YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THEM WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDE LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES AS WELL AS AN ACCEPTANCE TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA.
God Save The 90s Contest
Terms and Conditions
- The “God Save The 90s Contest” promotion shall comprise the “Contest” (as described in these Terms and Conditions) (the “Promotion”) and is open to all Belgian residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoters, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Promotion. Proof of age and/or identity and/or residency may be required. Entry into the Promotion is free.
- The Contest will begin at 5pm local time on February 23, 2018 and end at 12pm local time on March 1, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Entries received after this time will not be counted in the Contest.
- To take part in the Contest you must complete the following steps during the Contest Period: add a motivation comment in the dedicated “God Save The 90s” post on Uber official Facebook page and tag the person you would like to go to the Event with.
- The Contest will be judged by Marketing Managers of the Promoter based on the participant having met the criteria stipulated in paragraph 3. The judges’ decision will be final. The Promoter will send the full name of the judges to anyone who contacts them through their in app support or website requesting such details within thirty (30) days after the closing date of the Contest.
- Entry to the Contest provides the opportunity for three (3) participants to each win two (2) entrance tickets provided by Tissu Orange asbl for a total value of EUR 84 (the “Prize”). The winner and his/her friend must both be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- The Prize is free of charge and no payment is required. The winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will be the participants to is deemed by the judges to have submitted the best motivation.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries to the Contest not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Promotion or the Contest, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winners, in the announcement of the Winners, or the delivery of the Prize.
- The Winner will be notified on Facebook on March 1, 2018, and, if the Winner chooses to accept the Prize, will be provided with details of how to collect their Prize. If the Winner does not accept the Prize, then the Prize will be forfeited and the Winner will not be entitled to any form of compensation from the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize (or any part of it) with an alternative offering of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it impossible for the Promoter to provide the Prize (such replacement shall be deemed a “Prize” for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions). The Prize (or any part of it) is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not for sale, and no substitution by the Winner or a Participant and no cash alternative is offered. Please note that any possible taxes attributable to the Prize shall be paid by the Winner (as applicable).
- The Prize is provided “as is”. You acknowledge that Promoter and its affiliates have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility in respect of any Prize delivered to a participant, in relation to its quality, condition or otherwise.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions. Extensions of deadlines are not permitted at any time.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion (or any aspect of it) where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a Winner, accept any liability (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising out of or in connection with any participant’s participation in the Promotion, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not the Promoter or their affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage, personal injury or death. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Any liability of the Promoter arising in connection with the Promotion shall be several and Promoter accepts no joint and several liability in connection with the Promotion.
- A Winner or Participant who accepts a Prize may be required to participate in publicity related to the Promotion. By taking part in the Promotion you accept that your name and/or photograph may be used by the Promoter to announce the Winners and to promote itself in any media and in any format.
- Any personal data entered through submissions within the Promotion and further information provided in relation to the reception of the Prizes will be used solely for the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions. The personal data will only be processed (i.e. to handle the submissions, contact the Winners, administrate the Prizes and for marketing purposes) in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. The Promoter will be data controller for the entered personal data. You are entitled to, once per year and free of charge, upon a signed request submitted to the address set out below, receive information about what personal data about you that the Promoter is processing, as well as information on the extent and purpose of such processing. The Promoter is also obliged to, at your request, correct any personal data about you that is incorrect, incomplete or misleading. The personal data will not be disclosed to any third party suppliers, except that it may, during the course of this Promotion, be passed on to third party suppliers if required for fulfillment/delivery/arrangement of a Prize.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or part thereof. In the event that any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions, or parts thereof, will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in the Promotion–related materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Except where prohibited by law, Participants agree that any dispute, conflict or controversy, howsoever arising out of or broadly in connection with or relating to the Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be first mandatorily submitted to settlement proceedings under the International Chamber of Commerce Mediation Rules (ICC Mediation Rules). If the said dispute has not been settled within sixty (60) days after a request for Mediation has been submitted under the said ICC Mediation Rules, such dispute shall be exclusively and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Arbitration Rules). The ICC Rules’ Emergency Arbitrator provisions are excluded. The dispute shall be resolved by one arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the ICC Rules. The place of arbitration shall be Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the participants and the Promoter or their affiliates in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- The Promoter of this Promotion is Uber B.V., of Meester Treublaan 7, 1097 DP Amsterdam, Netherlands, which may be contacted in relation to the processing of personal data or other inquiries through the following Uber app or www.help.uber.com.