Sunshine Coast Airport
- Pick-ups and drop-offs can be made in the usual public passenger areas
- You can wait for requests from MCY in the area surrounding the Airport
- When you enter the airport area (indicated in green in the below map) you will be placed in a virtual queue, which means you will receive trip requests on a First-In-First-Out (FIFO) basis
- This system has been designed to help ensure driver-partners who have been waiting in the queue the longest receive requests first.
The area (shaded in green) includes a number of streets and businesses in proximity to the Sunshine Coast Airport.
If you choose to wait for trip requests in this area we recommend checking any relevant signage to ensure you only wait in a space that is safe and legal to do so, without disrupting the traffic flow or businesses around the Airport.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I lose my place in the queue if the rider cancels?
No, you will not lose your place in the queue if your rider cancels. However, you will lose your place in the queue for any of the following reasons:
- You reject a trip request
- You end or cancel a trip
- You go offline
- You leave the Airport area.
Will I still get other trips if I am in the Airport queue?
Yes, to keep Uber as reliable as possible in the suburbs surrounding the Airport you may still receive trip requests from outside the Airport area. These requests will be received on the normal distance based system, not the FIFO queue.
What is the best time to wait at the Airport?
This can differ across the week depending on flight arrival times. We recommend checking information made available from Sunshine Coast Airport on flight arrivals to choose when you wish to wait around the Airport area and maximise your chance of receiving trip requests.