The Australian Tax Office’s
Data Matching Program
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) has issued a notice requiring information from Uber about delivery-partners. This is similar to previous requests made by the ATO for information on driver-partners. The notices require Uber to provide details about delivery-partner accounts and payments delivery-partners received for the period between 1 July 2015 to 31 December 2017 and Uber must comply with the notice on 26 June 2018.
In accordance with this notice, as legally required, Uber will be providing the ATO with the following information about delivery-partner accounts during that period:
- Contact details (mobile phone number and email address)
- Australian Business Number and Trading Name (if currently on file)
- Date commenced as delivery-partner with Uber
- Date ceased as delivery-partner with Uber (if applicable)
- Value and date of all payments received for the requested period.
For your information, details of the payments you have received during the period are available on the partner dashboard -- just head to partners.uber.com.
For further information ATO and complaints, you can also contact the ATO by phone on 13 72 26.