What you need to drive with Uber
There are a few requirements you need to meet so we can set you up to drive with Uber.
You can drive with Uber even if you don't own a car. Here’s what you need to do:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have access to a vehicle that meets Uber's vehicle requirements
- Hold a valid full driver’s licence in your state or territory
- Have held a full driver’s licence in any Australian state or territory for at least 12 months (exceptions apply in certain states and territories)
- Provide all the necessary documents required in your state or territory
- Be listed as an insured driver for the vehicle you plan to drive
Before hitting the road, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A valid, full driver’s licence for your state or territory
- Your passport or birth certificate
- Proof of vehicle insurance as required in the state or territory you plan to drive in
- Any other documents required in the state or territory you plan to drive in
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver's full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver's license photo or other printed photograph
After starting the signup process, you’ll be required to pass a background check. Processes for driver-partner background checks vary by city.
Hit the road
It’s easy to get started
Sign up online
Tell us about yourself and your vehicle, if you have one. If you don’t, we may be able to connect you with a vehicle solutions provider, who could help you get one.
Upload your documents
We’ll need you to upload a few documents, including your driver’s licence, so we can run a background check. Once we’ve reviewed everything, you can download the Uber partner app.
Get a vehicle inspection
If the vehicle you plan to drive with Uber meets your city’s requirements, the next step is to arrange a vehicle inspection to confirm it is roadworthy.
Requirements vary by city. For more info, check out our city guides.
Uber Eats is a food delivery app that allows people to order food from their favourite restaurants at the tap of a button. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may be eligible to become a delivery partner with Uber Eats.
Ready to make money?
The first step is to sign up
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.