Getting your Driver Accreditation
Complete the form and prepare your documents
To get started, complete the TSC's Driver Accreditation (digital) form and it will be emailed to you within 15 minutes. It’s often a good idea to book your medical assessment at this point as it may take a few days to get an appointment.
Prepare your documents before your medical assessment:
- Print your Driver Accreditation Application form that you have received by email.
- Print and complete a Driver Health Questionnaire. You’ll need to give this to your doctor at the start of your appointment.
- Make copies of your Proof of Identity documents.
- If you have held a driver's licence in a state other than Victoria in the past 3 years you will also need to provide a driving history extract from that state.
Attend your Medical Assessment
The TSC requires all applicants to undergo a medical assessment. Please make a booking with your local GP to have this completed.
When attending your medical don’t forget to bring:
- your completed Driver Health Questionnaire;
- Section 9 (Medical and Vision Acuity Assessment) of your Driver Accreditation application form;
- if applicable, please bring your eyeglasses and medical prescriptions to the medical appointment.
The TSC requires that all Proof of Identity (POI) documents be certified. We recommend taking these documents (the original & a copy) with you to your medical appointment as Doctors are qualified to certify documents.
Note: If you plan to submit your application to the TSC in-person you do not need certified copies of your documents.
POI Documents Required:
- your Full Victorian Drivers Licence; and
- your Passport or Birth Certificate OR your Right to Work (if not an Australian Citizen)
Submit your Application
A completed, full application is comprised of:
- your DA application form (emailed to you in Step 1) with page 6 and 7 signed and completed
- your Medical and Vision Acuity Assesment (from Step 1); and
- your certified document copies (from Step 2)
There are a few ways you can submit your application:
- scan your application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- mail it to GPO Box 1716, Melbourne VIC 3001;
- bring in-person to the TSC office at 1 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 during office hours.