From the race track to the road…
The Melbourne Cup Carnival takes place from 4-11 November at the Flemington Racecourse during the following days:
- Saturday, 4th November
- Tuesday, 7th November
- Thursday, 9th November
- Saturday, 11th November
To ensure a smooth drop-off and pick-up experience, we’ll be directing riders and driver-partners to one of our 3 dedicated UberZONES. Please note that riders can only request uberX trips for pick-ups at the UberZONES.
Here’s your driver-partner guide to the 2017 Melbourne Cup Carnival
How to enter the UberZones
Step 1: Print your pass or pick one up at the Greenlight Hub
You can download and print your access pass by tapping the link below, or you can visit the Port Melbourne Greenlight Hub to pick up a pass.
We recommend taping the access pass on the inside of the front windshield of your vehicle so that you’re easily recognisable at the venue.
Step 2: How to enter the UberZONES
- Rose Gate UberZONE: Enter the venue via Smithfield Road and turn right on Stables Drive. Head right to Gatehouse Drive and follow the signs.
- Hill Gate UberZONE: Enter the venue via Langs Road and follow the signs.
- Elms Gate UberZONE: Enter the venue via Smithfield Road, head to Lynches Bridge entry gate and follow the signs.
There will be 3 UberZONES operating during race days (4th, 7th, 9th, 11th Nov) – check out the map below for directions.
There are a few ways to get to Flemington Racecourse. If you’re coming from the North, we recommend heading west on Lang Street and heading to Rose Gate. If you’re coming from the East or the South, we recommend heading west on Smithfield Road and heading to either Hill Gate or Elms Gate.
When you arrive at an UberZONE, traffic controllers will direct you to a parking space.
There will also be a road closure throughout the duration of the event.
South-Eastbound section of Epsom Road – (Langs Road to Flemington Drive) from 2pm-8pm approximately each day.
Step 3: Pick up your rider and head out
Once you reach the UberZONE, the Uber team will help you to identify your rider.
It’s important to keep your Uber Driver app open, as our team will need to verify and ensure you are matched to the correct rider.
|Dates||Principal Race Time||Last Race|
|Derby 4 November||3:50pm||5:20pm|
|Cup 7 November||3:00pm||5:15pm|
|Oaks 9 November||5:00pm||5:45pm|
|Stakes 11 November||5:05pm||5:30pm|
Based on last year’s event, we expect rider demand to peak after the Principal Race ends.
- Download the latest version of the Uber Driver app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Download and print your access pass, or stop by the Greenlight Hub to grab one. You won’t be allowed into the Flemington Racecourse without this pass.
- Drop off and pick up riders inside the dedicated UberZONES. Traffic enforcement will be strict around the venue, so for safety reasons we recommend against dropping off riders on the street.