The Melbourne Cup Carnival is finally here, and this year we’ve teamed up with DrinkWise and the Victorian Racing Club to create UberZONES to make it easier to access safe and reliable transport.
If you’re choosing Uber to get to from Flemington Racecourse during the Carnival, here’s what you need to know.
How It Works
1. Make your way to one of the three on site UberZONES. You can find us by following the signs on-site, or by opening your Uber app and following the prompts. The pick up zones are located in the following areas of the venue:
You will be unable to request at any other location at the event. Uber representatives will be on-site to direct you to the zone.
2. Request Like A Pro. Once you’ve requested in the UberZONE, kick back and charge your phone, grab a water, and wait for your ride to arrive.
3. Your Uber Is Arriving Now. When your driver arrives, you’ll receive a text message from them to let you know which bay they’re waiting in.
4. Enjoy The Ride! An on-site Uber staff member will direct you to your driver’s vehicle.
Travelling In A Group?
Riding with a group of 5 – 7 people? We’ve got you covered. For each of the race days you’ll be able to request a dedicated, larger vehicle to get you home from the track. To request, simply choose the ‘uberX 5 – 7 riders’ vehicle option in your Uber app.
Please note: The ‘uberX 5 – 7 riders’ vehicle option will only be visible when you’re at the track.
You’ll be charged uberX prices with a flat $15 booking fee to request the larger vehicle – here’s how you can split the fare between your mates.
Know What To Expect
- Heavy traffic and detours around the track may lead to delayed ETAs.
- No Surprises: For events of this size we see such high demand that the number of available cars gets tight, and dynamic pricing can come into effect.
- You’ll always be notified in BIG, BOLD print if dynamic pricing is in effect.
- The dynamic confirmation screen requires you to type in the multiplier to ensure you know what to expect.
- Use the Fare Estimate option to see your fare before you request your ride.
Before you request, keep your party size in mind. At this time you can request an uberX or UberBLACK for a maximum of four passengers, and a ‘uberX 5 – 7 riders’ for 5 – 7 passengers.
Speaking of parties, remember the following are never allowed in the car:
- Illegal substances
Thank you for your continued support as we work to make your #SpringRacingRide a smooth experience from A to B.
New To Uber?
Promo code $20 off first ride only, Valid until December 31 2016.