Over the past few months, our team has been working on improving the cleaning fee policy and processes in Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve reviewed and analysed hundreds of driver-partner support interactions in relation to mess made by riders on trips with the aim of improving the driver-partner experience. We know how frustrating it can be when a rider makes a mess in your vehicle, and we want to ensure we have accessible and fair processes in place to help you out if you end up in these unfortunate circumstances.
Starting today, we’re making a series of changes to better support driver-partners on the rare occasion they experience these types of incidents. Read on to learn more about what’s changing.
These 3 cleaning fee policy and process improvements start today:
- Cleaning fee amounts have been reviewed to better reflect the cost of cleaning your car. This change comes from your feedback and is based on averages for professional cleaning costs.
- Cleaning fee requests will now be processed within 24 hours of reporting. So that, if eligible, you can be reimbursed for your cleaning fees as soon as possible.
- When reporting a mess, you can now change a rider’s rating, as well as giving feedback. This means that we can better document and deal with rider behaviour and improves the accuracy of rider ratings.
This is what you need to do when claiming a cleaning fee:
- Submit your request within 3 days. Otherwise, we will be unable to provide a cleaning fee.
- Include trip details and the rider’s name so we can follow up.
- Provide a detailed written description of the mess.
- Attach 3 clear and unique photos of the mess.
In some cases, we may ask you to provide a quote for professional cleaning.
A few things to remember about cleaning fees:
- Cleaning fees are charged to riders and are only paid when the mess made is significant enough to prevent you from accepting further trips. If a rider makes a mess and you are able to accept and complete trips within a short time afterwards, your request may not be processed.
- If we have no photos, only one photo, or if the photos are of poor quality or unclear, our team won’t be able to process the request.
- Please be aware that photos which have been re-used from previous requests, which are downloaded from the internet, or which have otherwise been deemed fraudulent can lead to deactivation in line with our Community Guidelines.
We know you’ll do the right thing
We know that most driver-partners do the right thing, but there have been cases of fraudulent claims for cleaning fees. These requests ultimately make it harder for our team to help honest driver-partners in the future. They also have a negative impact on riders. In line with our Community Guidelines, fraudulent claims can lead to deactivation.