What You’ll Do
- Lead engineering projects spanning mapping and sensor processing for autonomous vehicles
- Design, implement, test, and maintain mapping and sensor processing software that runs on self-driving Uber vehicles.
- Analyze large datasets and work with imagery and other sensor data
- Develop approaches for optimizing our map build process
- Define a vision and roadmap for a team working across multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively and build relationships with partners in Boulder, Toronto, and San Francisco.
What You’ll Need
- Experience in algorithm design, mapping technologies, or related technical fields
- Experience transitioning research artifacts to production environments
- 10+ years of experience with a track record of shipping high-impact engineering solutions
- Prior technical leadership experience
- Excellent programming and algorithmic skills (we use C++, and Python)
About the Team
Uber’s ATG AVMaps team needs your skills building the advanced maps technology supporting our self-driving vehicles.
Currently, we are evolving our core mapping technology to drive improvements that will make our mapping technology and final product scalable as we increase diversity in our vehicle platforms and expand our geographic coverage.
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.