The Uber Greenlight Spot at Buffalo, NY is closing permanently. The last full day of operations will be on Friday, September 13th.
Rules and regulations
ALB regulations for Uber partners
When you drive with Uber at ALB, it’s important to follow the airport regulations. Not meeting these terms could result in a citation or even restricted access to airport trips. It's important to know Uber will not pay for any citations that drivers receive at ALB.
- The Uber trade dress must always be displayed in your windshield
- When on airport property, the Uber Driver App must be open at all times (please do not log off until you exit the airport)
- You’ll be placed in a virtual line to receive a trip request as soon as you enter the airport area. To receive trip requests at ALB, your vehicle must be in the waiting lot. Drivers waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
Pickups at ALB
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
To receive pickup requests at ALB, enter the designated waiting lot within ALB, located on the corner of Heritage Lane and Albany Shaker Rd. Once in the waiting lot, drivers receive ride requests via a virtual first-in, first-out (FIFO) queue.
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
- Your location within the waiting lot does not affect your position in the virtual queue
- When you’re in the designated waiting lot, you'll be able to see your position in the queue and how many partners are ahead of you in your Uber Driver app
- You can lose your place in line if: you go offline on your Uber Driver app, you drive outside the FIFO zone, you do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row, or you cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
- Parking or idling at the terminal or elsewhere on airport property is strictly forbidden and does not enter you into the trip queue. Doing this may result in a citation. Uber does not pay for citations issued to drivers for illegally parking at airports
Picking up your rider
- When you receive a notification you have a pickup request, follow the directions in your Uber Driver app.
- As you approach the pickup area, the app will indicate your rider’s information
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pick up your rider at Arrivals at ALB
- Once you arrive at the pickup location, if you can't find your rider, message or call them through your Uber Driver app to let them know where you are.
Dropoffs at ALB
How drop-off requests work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport. Dropping off riders at ALB is easy. Simply follow the in-app instructions and drop your rider off at their desired terminal on the departures level.
Uber waiting lot at ALB
Uber driver-partners must wait for ride requests at the designated waiting lot, located on the corner of Heritage Lane and Albany Shaker Rd.
Helpful tips for airport trips
1) Getting your car ready
Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2) Helping with luggage
It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3) Identifying your riders
Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.