Information for driver-partners
Riders at PSC can request rides with Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
We will let you know when there are changes to the regulations. Stay tuned!
PSC Regulations for driver-partners
Per PSC regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- A copy of the city issued for hire permits for each driver-partner operating at the airport must be submitted to the airport administration office.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area).
- Driver-partners must use the allowed pickup and dropoff locations only.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
Pickups at PSC
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
When on airport property, please be mindful of:
- Waiting in the areas in and around airport grounds, but avoid loitering at the terminal curb. The airport suggests drivers use the short term parking area.
- Respecting the waiting areas of taxi or shuttle operators.
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider using the Uber driver app to confirm their exact location
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, the pickup location at PSC is located at the curb on the south end of the terminal building just pass the pedestrian crossing(see map below).
Dropoffs at PSC
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with PSC, riders can be dropped off at the curb in front of the terminal building.
Helpful tips for airport trips
1. Getting your car ready
Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage
It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders
Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule
Checking the arrivals schedule at Tri-Cities Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See PSC ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional
While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!