1. Visit a Greenlight location
After applying to partner with Uber, ensure that you visit our free inspection locations.
3. Required documents
You will need to complete all of the following in order to be eligible to drive in Tacoma:
- Passed screening
- Uploaded valid driver's license, registration, and insurance documents
- Passed the Tacoma City Knowledge Test and uploaded the certificate of completion
- Passed the Defensive Driving Course and uploaded the certificate of completion
- Passed your vehicle inspection
4. Business License
The City of Tacoma now permits you to immediately begin accepting trips in Tacoma and unincorporated Pierce County. If you accept a trip in Tacoma, Uber will provide the City of Tacoma with information to verify your affiliation with Uber and to allow the City to process the required licensing applications on your behalf.
The information includes:
- Your full legal name
- Your date of birth
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
Uber "U" trade-dress sticker
Every Uber partner is required to have their Uber "U" trade-dress sticker properly displayed on their vehicles. Please place your "U" on the inside of your windshield in the lower passenger-side corner. Swing by the a Greenlight location to pick one up if you didn't receive one during your vehicle inspection.