Airport Regulations for driver-partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- Vehicles with taxi lights are prohibited from operating.
- Driver-partners may not wait longer than 5 minutes in front of the terminal. If the rider is not ready, driver-partners must cycle around Airport Rd via Flint Rd and return when the rider is ready.
- We’ve instituted a special first vehicle in is the first one out (FIFO) system at Spokane International Airport. The FIFO system only works within the designated, geofenced area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
- The Uber sticker (trade dress) must always be displayed on the vehicle’s windshield. Driver-partners can request this Uber sticker here.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
Pickups at the airport
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at the airport, you need to enter the dedicated staging lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Uber driver-partners may wait in any of the 20 reserved, marked spaces in the cell phone waiting area for requests. If all 20 spaces are full, then overflow is available on Granite Rd (see map below). Waiting for requests in other areas on airport
- Spokane Airport restricts Uber pickups to the yellow pavement zones outside of each baggage claim. Picking up riders outside of these zones or without your trade dress (Uber U) risks citation by airport police.
- For waits longer than 5 minutes, please cycle around Airport Rd again via Flint Rd and return when the rider is ready.
Drop offs at the airport
How drop off requests work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at the curb in front of the terminal. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterwards, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
Helpful tips for airport trips
1. Getting your car ready
Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage
It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders
Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule
Checking the arrivals schedule at Spokane International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See GEG ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional
While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!