SAV Regulations for driver-partners
Per SAV regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- We’ve instituted a special first vehicle in is the first one out (FIFO) system at SAV. The FIFO system only works within the designated, geofenced area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal by mail by using this form.
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “info” button that appears in your app.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
- Terminal access: Partners must remain with their vehicles and are not permitted to access the terminal while active on the platform.
How pickup requests work
Pickups at SAV
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
At SAV, Uber’s technology uses a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area, located within a “FIFO zone”. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver-partner to enter will be the first to receive a trip request.
Based on the operating agreement with SAV, drivers are required to wait in the Uber staging lot (see map below or click here to navigate.). The lot contains 31 parking spots that have been designated exclusively for Uber Partners to wait in advance of receiving a ride request. Parking elsewhere on airport property is prohibited.
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
- Proximity to the terminal within the FIFO zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
- If there are no driver-partners in the FIFO zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the FIFO zone - based on proximity and other factors.
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the FIFO zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a ride request, follows the steps below:
Exit the FIFO lot, and turn left onto the crossroads
At the traffic light, turn left onto Airways Ave.
Turn left onto Ida J Gadsden Drive. This road will become Gulfstream Rd.
At the intersection of Daniel J. Coe Jr. Road, turn right onto Melaver Drive, and proceed forward
Upon arriving at the service road, located near rental car signage, turn right into the rideshare pickup area (via the gate)
At the fork, keep left until you’ve approached the gate
Proceed into the Rideshare passenger pick up area (this will be on the north side of the airport)
How drop off requests work
Drop offs at SAV
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with SAV, riders can be dropped off at their requested terminal on the departures level. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterwards, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
Uber staging and pickup areas at SAV
Helpful tips for airport trips
1. Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See SAV ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!
¹ This is a placeholder for legal disclaimers if you need to utilize it