Pickups at PGD
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at PGD, you need to enter the dedicated first-in, first-out queueing (FIFO) zone, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the FIFO zone (see map below)
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pick up your rider from the airport terminal
Uber FIFO zone at PGD
Uber partners within the zone in the map on the right are eligible to receive trip requests from PGD.
Once you arrive within the FIFO zone, you will automatically be placed into a virtual, first-in, first-out queue as long as you are online.
You can wait anywhere within the FIFO zoning boundaries, subject to airport rules. It doesn’t matter how close or far you are to the requester, as long as you stay within the FIFO boundaries.
- You will lose your place in line if you cancel a trip on a rider, go offline, shut down your phone, switch vehicles, or leave the FIFO zoning area
- You will NOT lose your place in line if a rider cancels or if you drive around within FIFO boundaries