Rules and regulations
SBP regulations for Uber partners
Per SBP regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a $1,000 citation. You are responsible for any citations incurred at SBP.
- All ride dropoffs and pickups must occur on the departures level
- The Uber trade dress must always be displayed in your windshield
- When on airport property, the Uber Driver app must be open at all times (please do not log off until you exit the airport)
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “info” button that appears in your app
- Front Uber trade dress
- Back Uber trade dress
Request new documents
If you need a replacement, contact your local Uber Greenlight Hub.
Pickups at SBP
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at SBP, you need to accept the trip before entering airport property.
Here’s how it works:
- Pickups must only occur curbside at the passenger pickup and dropoff area
- Always display the Uber trade dress on both your front and back windshield. Airport officials and law enforcement may ask to see proof of insurance, license and registration, and waybill
- Confirm with your rider that they are ready for pickup before driving toward the airport
- When you arrive at the waiting area, confirm your rider's name before starting the trip
No TNC vehicle shall stage prior to receiving a trip request on airport property. TNC vehicles shall only enter airport property to pick up or drop off a passenger.
Rides to SBP
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At SBP, simply drop off riders at their requested terminal on the departures level. It's important to keep the Uber Driver app on until you exit the airport property.
Designated pickup area at SBP
Uber users at San Luis Obispo who request rides will be instructed to meet you at the designated rideshare pickup area labeled “Passenger Pickup and Dropoff Only,” located west of the terminal and across from Parking Lot 4.
To access this area, please stay in the left lane when entering the airport arrivals area.
For more information, read more about San Luis Obispo Airport.
This is longer placeholder text.