Rules and regulations
Airport regulations for driver-partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When operating on the Uber app, MLI requires driver-partners to remain Online until you have exited the airport property.
- We’ve instituted a special queue system at Quad City International Airport. To enter the queue, drivers must stage in the Cell Phone Lot.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can order this Uber decal here.
Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff. Airport signage: Please follow all rules and posted signage in the staging lot and on airport property, including signage regarding access to certain parts of airport property.
Pickups at the airport
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving MLI Airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
Uber’s technology uses a queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting lot, located within a zone. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver-partner to enter will be the first to receive a trip request.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, the waiting lot is located in the Cell Phone Lot (see map below).
Some things to know about the driver queue:
- Proximity to the terminal within the lot does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue
- If there are no driver-partners in the lot, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners off airport property, based on proximity and other factors
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive off airport property
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, navigate to the selected pickup location at the airport (see map below) by turning slightly left into the outer drive upon approaching the terminal. The pickups are located toward the end of the outer drive.
Once you reach the pickup location, please avoid bus pickup zones, do not block the curb, and yield to emergency vehicles.
Dropoffs at the airport
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at the curb. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterward, you’ll need to remain Online and head to the Cell Phone Lot to maintain your place in the driver queue.
MLI Airport map
Helpful tips for airport trips
1. Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at Quad City International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See MLI Arrivals schedule.
5. Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!