As of March 19, you can now pick up riders from PSP on uberX, uberXL, and uberASSIST.
PSP regulations for driver-partners
Per PSP regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- All uberX, uberXL, and uberASSIST dropoffs must occur on the departures level
- To receive a pickup request on any Uber product, driver-partners must wait at the Staging Lot on the southeast corner of Kirk Douglas Way and E Baristo Rd
- Meet riders requesting uberX, uberXL, or uberASSIST 500 ft south of baggage claim, at the middle exit door. UberBLACK and UberSUV riders can be picked up at Zone 4 or 5
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield and rear passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
- For UberBLACK and UberSUV, the PSP Airport placard must also be displayed and a TCP License is required
- When on airport property, the Uber Driver app must be open at all times (please do not sign out until you exit the airport)
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the "INFO" button that appears in your app
Pickups at PSP
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at PSP, the airport requires you to enter the dedicated Staging Lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the dedicated Staging Lot located near the southeast corner of Kirk Douglas Way and E Baristo Rd
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you accept a request, proceed on the main roadway toward the terminal
- Pull up to the gate arm outside the area labeled "TNC." Enter the code 2580
- Continue through the gate and to TNC parking spaces on the right side of the roadway
- Pull all the way forward into an open stall
- The TNC area (uberX, uberXL, and uberASSIST) is about 500 ft south of baggage claim, at the middle exit door. UberBLACK and UberSUV riders can continue to be picked up at Zone 4 or 5
Rides to PSP
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At PSP, simply drop off riders at their requested terminal on the departures level. It's important to keep the Uber Driver app on until you exit airport property.
Waiting for requests
Uber Staging Lot at PSP
Uber driver-partners may wait for ride requests at the designated Staging Lot only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this area (and you may be issued a citation).
Enter the Staging Lot near the southeast corner of Kirk Douglas Way and E Baristo Rd. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- The staging lot has a 30-minute time limit
- If you do not receive a trip request in 30 minutes, exit the lot and re-enter
- If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation