New Year's Eve driver partner giveaway
This NYE is going to bigger than ever, and we have giveaway prizes to match.
At the end of each hour on December 31st from 8 PM - 3 AM, your local Uber team will be calling one winner and letting them know which prize they've won.
To be eligible to win the prize for the hour, simply complete at least one (1) trip during the hour time period. You can win more than once throughout the course of the night.
Click here to view giveaway details.
- 8pm-9pm Uber swag bag
- 9pm-10pm Uber swag bag
- 10pm-11pm Uber credit ($50)
- 11pm-12am OKC Thunder Tickets
- 12am-1am Cash ($200)
- 1am-2am Cash ($300)
- 2am-3am Spa Gift Certificate ($100)
Additional in-person support
Need additional in-person support prior to New Year's Eve? We're keeping our Greenlight Spot open extra hours so that you have everything you need to hit the road on NYE.
- 12/28 10AM-7PM
- 12/31 10AM-2PM
- 1/2 10AM-2PM
Verify your riders
Lots of people will be looking to get in an Uber on New Year's Eve - make sure you confirm your rider by asking for their name and then verifying it with the name in the app. If you do pick up the wrong person, let us know and we’ll help sort it out.
No items left behind
Remind riders to grab their belongings when they're exiting your vehicle.
- Find a lost item? Snap a picture of any lost items and get in contact with the rider.
Too much fun? We can help
If a rider makes a mess in your car, simply request a cleaning fee and we’ll help you out. You can also prevent wear and tear on your vehicle by bringing cleaning wipes or putting down mats. You never know what costumes you'll encounter!
Forward dispatch trips
During times of high demand, you may receive a new trip request before you are finished with your current trip.
No need to worry! Once you've accepted the new trip and finished the one you're on, the app will automatically navigate you to your next rider. This helps cut out downtime between trips so that you can spend more time earning.
Other 5-star tricks
Check out more tried and true 5 star tips here.
New Year's Eve is an exciting night to drive, but we recommend following this guide to help make sure it's as smooth as possible for you and your riders.
New Year's Eve earnings
The biggest night of the year
- We're expecting to see huge demand this New Year's Eve, especially in downtown Oklahoma City. This will be one of the best nights of the year to earn!
- We're anticipating two big spikes in rider requests before and after midnight on New Year's Eve.
- We typically see a dip in demand right around 11PM when riders have arrived at their destinations and are getting ready to watch the ball drop. This is a great time to fuel up with coffee and get ready for the post-midnight rush!