Airport regulations for driver-partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- We’ve instituted a driver waiting queue at Louisville International Standiford Field. Drivers will enter the queue upon entering the airport's designated waiting area. Driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
- Littering in the waiting lot is strictly prohibited. Please use the trash receptacles provided when disposing garbage.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff
Pickups at the airport
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
Uber’s technology uses an airport driver waiting queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, the waiting area is located at the Cell Phone Lot . Effective October 1, 2019, this waiting area will move to a new area, located off of Crittenden Drive (see map below).
Some things to knowL
- Proximity to the terminal within the airport queue zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue
- If there are no driver-partners in the queue zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the zone - based on proximity and other factors
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, the pickup location at the airport is located in Arrivals (see map below). Look for the Uber parking signs.
How dropoff requests work
Dropoffs at the airport
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at Departures. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterwards, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
SDF pickup maps
- Getting your car ready: air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
- Helping with luggage: it may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
- Identifying your riders: asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
- Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at SDF can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest.
- Making music optional: while tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!
Learn about airport rematch
With Rematch, partners will spend less time waiting for airport trips, and more time earning.
What is Rematch?
Rematch is a feature that allows any driver-partner who just completed an airport dropoff to temporarily receive a pickup request without having to go to the Staging Lot. To qualify for Rematch, driver-partners must first complete a dropoff at the airport.
Once you drop off at the airport, if you wish, you can head toward the Staging Lot to wait in the FIFO queue for an airport request. Upon navigation to the waiting lot, you may receive a Rematch request. Airport regulations prohibit loitering in the terminal area. Idling at the curb may result in a citation from airport authorities.