Rules and regulations
BUR regulations for Uber partners
Per BUR regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a $1,000 citation. Uber will not pay for citations.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield and rear passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
- When on airport property, the Uber Driver app must be open at all times (please do not sign out until you exit the airport)
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the "INFO" button that appears in your app.
Pickups at BUR
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Here’s how it works:
- Accept the trip request before you enter the airport
- Follow the signs for valet to the west island across from Terminal B—it is labeled "Rideshare Pickup Area"
- For smooth pickups, try calling or texting your rider to confirm they are waiting for you at the island
- Pull all the way forward at the curb (there are 6 parking spaces available). If there is no space along the island curb, simply re-circle the airport.
- Pick up your rider, start your trip, and exit the airport
Do not use the short-term parking structure for pickups. You will not be reimbursed for the $3 fee.
You keep airports running smoothly. In order to have a great Uber experience at airports for both riders and partners, we need your help.
Please follow any airport rules and regulations. Additionally, if you’re picking up riders at the airport, please be available to complete all ride requests you accept.
Please do not ask riders for their destination and then cancel. This causes problems for riders trying to get home, and partners waiting for their next trip. It’s your choice to pick up riders at the airport.
Driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service for riders or partners, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to provide transportation to or from airports.
Rides to BUR
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At BUR, simply drop off riders at their requested terminal on the departures level. It's important to keep the Uber Driver app on until you exit airport property.
Designated pickup area at BUR
Riders at BUR who request trips will be instructed to meet you at the west island located across from Terminal B—follow the signs for valet to the area labeled "Rideshare Pickup Area."
There will be 6 spaces available at the designated pickup area. Please pull all the way forward to the end of the island to pick up your riders.
- You may not pick up anywhere else in the airport
- If all 6 spaces are taken, simply re-circle the airport
- If your riders are not at the island, you may not wait for them. It's a good idea to call them ahead of time to make sure they're ready
- The short-term parking structure is no longer available for pickups. If you use the structure, you will be responsible for the $3 fee