Riders at LIH can request Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
- The Uber sticker (trade dress) must always be displayed on the vehicle’s windshield for airport trips. Driver-partners can either print their Uber sticker online or fill out this form the form to have it delivered to them.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
Pickups at LIH
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
At LIH, Uber’s technology uses a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the area surrounding the airport, in the eligible “FIFO zone”. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver-partner to enter will be the first to receive a trip request. Please do not wait on airport property.
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
- Proximity to the terminal within the FIFO zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
- If there are no driver-partners in the FIFO zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area—outside of the FIFO zone—based on proximity and other factors.
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the FIFO zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, LIH riders can be picked up at Baggage Claim A or Baggage Claim B.
Based on feedback from LIH please be mindful of:
- Respecting the waiting areas of taxi or shuttle operators.
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider using the Uber driver app to confirm their exact location
- Meeting your rider in the designated pickup location.
Drop offs at LIH
At LIH, riders can be dropped off curbside. More information can be found on the airport's website.
Helpful tips for airport trips
- Getting your car ready:
Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
- Helping with luggage:
It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
- Identifying your riders:
Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
- Checking the arrivals schedule:
Checking the arrivals schedule at the airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest.
See LIH ARRIVALS SCHEDULE
- Making music optional:
While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!