The Greenlight Regus Spot will be closed Tuesday, December 24, Wednesday, December 25, and Wednesday, January 1. Please utilize our 24/7 phone support for assistance.
Airport regulations for driver-partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub or order it online here.
- Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
How pickup requests work
Pickups at the airport
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
In order to receive trip requests while at JAX, you need to enter the designated queue zone which is off airport property (see map below). You will then be placed in a virtual queue to receive a trip request.
Some things to know about designated queue zones:
- Proximity to the terminal within the designated queue zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue
- If there are no driver-partners in the designated queue zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the designated area - based on proximity and other factors
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the designated queue zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain in the queue)
How dropoff requests work
Dropoffs at the airport
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at departures. If you’d like to receive an airport pickup request after dropping off a rider, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on to maintain your place in the queue.
We've also launched the Re-Match feature at JAX. Re-Match allows driver-partners who just completed an airport dropoff the possibility of receiving a pickup request right away without having to go to the queue area.
Once you drop off a rider at the airport, you may head toward the TNC queue area to wait in the designated driver queue for an airport pickup request. You may receive a Re-Match request during navigation to this area, though a Re-Match is not guaranteed. Airport regulations prohibit loitering in the terminal area. Idling at the curb may result in a citation from airport authorities.
JAX pickup maps
Helpful tips for airport trips
1. Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at Jacksonville International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See JAX ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!
6) Driver cancellations: trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.