Respecting the holding lot facilities at the HNL airport creates a better environment for everyone. Trash is to be placed in the trash receptacles in front of the restrooms and not the planter boxes. Violation of airport rules could result in citation by airport authorities and/or potential loss of airport access.
Rules and regulations
Airport regulations for Uber driver-partners
Before picking up or dropping off at the airport, these are the airport rules and regulations you should know.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the rear driver window facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub or printing a temporary one below.
- To get trip requests at HNL, head to the Staging Lot at 435 Kalewa St, accessible from Lagoon Dr.
- You may not loiter within airport property waiting for a trip request. Head to the waiting lot.
- After accepting a ride request, the Uber Driver app must remain on at all times (please do not sign out until you exit the airport)
- You may not loiter or stage at the terminal and riders must be picked up immediately. Circling the terminal is also prohibited.
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the "info" button that appears in your app.
- Please restrict all pickups to the Uber designated pickup spots and observe all posted signs to avoid citations. You are responsible for any citations you may receive.
Regulations in Honolulu County require all Uber Honolulu driver-partners to maintain the following during all Uber trips:
- Valid state of Hawaii driver’s license
- Valid vehicle insurance, registration, and state of Hawaii safety check
- Uber trade dress on your rear driver-side windshield (you can print a temporary trade dress here)
- Hands-free phone mount
- Driver and vehicle certificate (in Driver app, after logging in, tap "Account" on bottom right corner, then tap "Go Online"—this screen is your certificate)
Pickups at the airport
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the Honolulu airport; however, these trips work a little differently. To receive a trip request at HNL, head to the dedicated Staging Lot at 435 Kalewa St, accessible from Lagoon Dr. You will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport on a first-in, first-out basis. Once you receive a request, meet your rider at one of two Uber Pickup Zones:
- For Terminal 1 pickups, you can pick up riders on the departures level at the second median across from Lobby 2
- For Terminal 2 pickups, meet your riders on the departures level at the second median across from Lobby 8
Pickups are only permitted at the curbs labeled "Uber."
Tips for your pickups:
- Save time by calling or texting your rider to make sure they’re ready to go at an Uber Pickup Zone
- Avoid congestion by clearing out your trunk before heading to HNL. Riders may be instructed to request another option like uberXL if they have more than one checked bag per person
Rides to the airport
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. When dropping off riders at the airport, you may safely drop off riders curbside anywhere on the departures level. It's important to stay signed into the Uber Driver app until you exit airport property.
Step-by-step pickups at the airport
Driver-partners must wait for trip requests at the dedicated Staging Lot at 435 Kalewa St, accessible from Lagoon Dr. Waiting for trip requests at airport terminals is not allowed and could result in a citation. You are responsible for any citations you may receive.
Once you're in the waiting lot there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Upon entering the waiting lot, you will be eligible to receive trip requests
- If you leave the waiting lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Once you accept a trip request, meet your rider at the designated Uber Pickup Zones on the departures level (Terminal 1 or Terminal 2)