Requests at Ford Field
Pickup tips for drivers
Traffic on game days may be difficult to navigate. That's why the Detroit Lions has a dedicated lane for rideshare drivers like yourself to pickup passengers during and after events.
Wait for requests north of the stadium (not on E. Fisher Service Drive). Once you accept a trip, head to Westbound side of E Fisher Service Drive as shown in the map below.
Schedule of events
Demand at Ford Field
Be sure to stay up-to-date on the Lions schedule, so that you know when to expect demand to and from Ford Field. Expect rider demand to start heating up about 3 hours before kickoff, and again as soon as the game ends.
How to navigate Ford Field
When picking up or dropping off riders, following these instructions for using the designated Uber lane:
- Uber has a dedicated pickup and dropoff location along the Westbound side of E. Fisher Service Dr. (between John R and Brush St). Your riders will be looking for you near the Uber banners.
- Beware of road closures in the area during game time including: Brush St. between E. Fisher Service and Madison, John R St. between E. Fisher Service and E. Montcalm, E. Adams Ave. between Witherell and Brush, and Beacon St. between Brush and St. Antoine.
- If you don't have a request yet, please do not enter E. Fisher Service Dr. The best place to wait for requests is further north of the stadium.
- E. Fisher Service will not be open to non-Uber trips, so let the staff know that you are with Uber to proceed through.
More at Ford Field
Tips for game day trips
- Lots of riders will be looking for transportation after games. Always confirm with your rider that you have the right person before beginning a trip.
- To get requests, the best place to hang out is north of the stadium (not on E. Fisher Service Dr.).
- Lots of cars will be on E. Fisher Service - it may be faster to let riders walk a minute or two to find you rather than pull up right next to them.
- Help your riders get pumped up for the game by putting on a Pandora playlist.
- As the weather gets colder, riders will be looking to hop into a vehicle quickly after the game.
- If you're having trouble finding your rider, try giving them a quick call to help them find you.