American Airlines Center
Instructions for drivers
No matter the occasion, the American Airlines Center (AAC) makes it easy for drivers to be there when riders are ready to leave. With dedicated pickup areas and a staging lot for rideshare vehicles, it's easy for drivers find their riders right in time.
How to navigate the AAC
There are two dedicated pickup areas at the American Airlines Center—All Star Way, and Olive St between Houston and Field St. Refer to these directions when picking up riders from either pickup area.
All Star Way
- From Lamar, head north on Victory Ave
- Turn right on All Star Way
- Meet your rider
- From Cedar Springs, head southwest on Olive toward Field St
- Drive just past Field—if you pass Houston, you've gone too far
- Your rider will meet you along Olive between Field and Houston (you'll see a 7-Eleven on the corner)
To leave the area from All Star Way, turn left onto Houston. To leave from Olive:
- Turn left or right onto Houston, or
- Continue down Olive to Victory Ave
Map shows dedicated rideshare staging lot (lot E), and All Star Way and Olive St pickup areas
Waiting for requests
Lot E is the approved staging area available for you to wait for ride requests.
This staging area is a "first in, first out" (FIFO) area meaning you'll be placed in-queue for the next ride request according to your place in line.