Airport regulations for driver-partners
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from a great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal by using the trade dress order form.
Pickups at the airport
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Picking up your rider
To pick up passengers after receiving a request, follow the new route from the waiting lot to the pickup point. Upon leaving the waiting lot, turn left onto Loomis Rd, then right onto Donaldson Rd. Then turn right onto Lincoln Rd and follow the signs to the TNC Pickup Zone–located outside Door 10 of the terminal building.
Some things to know about the driver queue:
- Proximity to the terminal within the lot does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue
- If there are no driver-partners in the lot, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners located off airport property based on proximity and other factors
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive off airport property
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain in the queue)
When you drop off a rider at the airport, you may receive a new request quickly instead of having to return to the waiting lot and enter the queue. This feature is called Re-Match. If you don’t receive a request immediately after your dropoff, this means there are no Re-Match trips available and you should go to the waiting lot if you would like to receive another airport request.
How dropoff requests work
Dropoffs at the airport
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
At the airport, riders can be dropped off at the Terminal. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterward, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on and navigate to the waiting area to remain in the queue.
CVG pickup map
New pickup route in effect due to airport construction.
Helpful tips for airport trips
- Getting your car ready: air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
- Helping with luggage: it may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
- Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
- Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at CVG can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest.
- Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!